Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
The Claiming / Re: Discussion Thread
« Last Post by FangirlNation on October 17, 2014, 02:20:27 am »
Ah, Gaslight that's also my fault because of my kerfuffle with the first draft of my post! I was very round-about and made it hard for people to reply since I was way out of what was going on. And I don't quite mind being alone at the moment. I'm sure someone will come along! lol

Oh, I do have a request. Could we have which part of the arena people are in in the updates?
« Last Post by Gaslight on October 17, 2014, 02:05:23 am »
Actually Rikku, I wanted you to start in the heart of the arena as well. I understand that you have an interest in Kazuo's character, but you had Nathan join a group where there were already 3 people while we have Fangirl on her own with no one to interact with. I should have made it clear that you need to wait to be assigned to an area before you start - I know I had that written down somewhere, but knowing me I probably mistakenly deleted it - and I apologise for that. I won't ask you to rewrite your post but please - and this goes for everyone - make sure to check with me before you make any decisions that could potentially alter the current character dynamics (e.g. bringing in new main characters; getting them assigned to areas etc.) Established characters are free to do as they please, new characters always need to be approved and placed since I'm trying to keep everything coordinated and make sure that no one is being left out.

On a related note: we can all make sure that no one is being left out. Remember that we're in a group RP and not RPing 1x1 with anyone, so let's please try and be sensitive to the needs of EVERYONE in the group and not only the characters we're interacting with ourselves. We're doing well so far, so let's try to keep it up!

Thanks! <3
« Last Post by Rikku on October 16, 2014, 22:46:52 pm »
@Blackchain Thanks for the welcome, and oh - I'm sorry, I thought they were similar - but I'll be sure to edit that (:

(: thank you,
« Last Post by Blackchain on October 16, 2014, 20:31:08 pm »
Hey Rikku, welcome to The Claiming!

Quick note: The items are very standard and outlined very well by Gaslight. We all carry a similar loadout or tools and a roughly six-inch fixed-blade knife; not switchblades. Smuggling items past such a thorough government would be extremely hard. Was just checking if this was a type-o or intentional, and making sure we are all on the same page.
« Last Post by Kazuo on October 16, 2014, 13:31:17 pm »
... I just realized it's my turn to post.

... you guys aren't waiting, right?
Please say 'yes'.

I'll try and get a post up soon.

And, I agree with Rikku. Definite good save there with the edit of your post, @FangirlNation
Welcome to the Claiming! O0
« Last Post by Rikku on October 16, 2014, 09:15:11 am »
@FangirlNation I like this one a lot better (: good save,

(: ,
« Last Post by FangirlNation on October 16, 2014, 07:28:51 am »
Okay, so I've fixed my post and I hope it's all according the canon now! I really do apologize for that mistake. I shouldn't be posting right after homework binges but I did. Luckily I was able to clean up my mistake, and I hope this post is actually far better!
« Last Post by FangirlNation on October 16, 2014, 07:02:00 am »
Hi @Sexi-Kitten and @Blackchain! I am so so sorry for that confusion. I'll go fix up my post right away!
The Claiming / Re: The Claiming (Open)
« Last Post by Rikku on October 16, 2014, 06:58:47 am »
Nathan gave a soft groan as he slowly opened his eyes. He pulled off the blindfold and peer around cautiously. Where the hell was he? Squinting under the intense light, he was bombarded with fields and fields of tall, wild grass. It was only when realization dawned upon him that he was in the games did Nathan swear mentally, Oh shit. He wasn't ready for this to happen yet, not all of the plans were in place. Nathan stressed out as he stood up, he would have to try to get to some kind of technology and use it to finish it. In the mean time, it appears he has his tasks cut out for him as he looked around at the vast field of golden yellow.

Peering down, he realized he was dressed in all black with a green belt on, how ridiculously tacky, not to mention the effectiveness of this camouflage was practically zero. Well, at least it would be useful at nighttime. The only problem was, he actually didn't know what the green belt represented. Does this mean his father paid off enough people to get him a dominant belt? Or did the government decide to go with his real category regardless? Ah, shit. No point in pondering now, Nathan shook his head as he went through his backpack to find what was given to him. After going through his inventory and repacking it, he kept the blade out and pocketed it carefully instead for easy access.

Staying in one place wouldn't be safe, not to mention the tall grass wasn't much of a cover; he would have to head towards a terrain with overhead protection. As Nathan walked cautiously along the plains, he couldn't help but admire the technology used to create all this. Thoroughly taught in mechanical engineering, it was obvious the government spent a tonne of money on the creation of this artificial dome. If only they spent that money on the other smaller villages and towns instead - Nathan thought bitterly.

It wasn't long before he stumbled upon a small patch of cultivated land with what seemed like plants grown in grid formation. Nathan snorted at the irony, this was so stupid, what did the government think they were playing at - SIMS, village edition? He started digging up some of the more ripened looking potatoes and turnips, as well as cabbages and asparagus and made a mental note of where the little piece of land was. Stuffing them in his backpack wasn't too difficult as they were all relatively small sized and fitted the odd spaces here and there. The carbohydrates would come useful later.

Spotting the rare tree in the distance, Nathan made his way over and carved off a large piece of bark. This would serve well as a map, he thought as he started carving his path. Without a sun, it was difficult to know which direction he was headed in, but the slight artificial shimmer through the 'sky' was enough to alert Nathan how close he was to the edge. Making sure to add the proper markings, he continued along with his knife in hand.

Both to his nervousness and relief, Nathan didn't encounter anyone in the next hour or so, except for the occasional rabbit or deer. He would hunt once he gathered a group of people, but the smell of meat would simply bring carnivores out at sun down and him by his lonesome self wouldn't survive against a cougar.

It wasn't long before he spotted more and more trees popping up, and what looked like to be a beach in the distance. Making sure to mark that down as well, Nathan licked his parched lips as he trailed along the edge of the forest, between the dense forest and the open beach. It wasn't until he was horizontally aligned with the beach (therefore, the least amount of distance to travel) before he made a break for the water. Keeping his steps light, he kept an eye on his surroundings as he lightly jogged over to the body of water and filled his canteen up.

It was too dangerous to build a bonfire without rounding up more people - he didn't need to draw unnecessary attention to himself until he found some decent allies. If he had a dominant belt, he would need to be on his toes, but if it was a submissive belt - then it would better serve his purpose. He packed up his canteen and started to retreat back into the forest.

Ideally, he would be able to travel through all the terrains and grab as many necessary items as possible, but for now, he best stay around bodies of water - since everyone will have to come to it sometime or other. As he trailed along the dense undergrowth of the forest, trying his best to not jostle the trees or bushes, he made sure not to lose sight of the body of water. As Nathan strolled quietly past a ridiculously huge tree, he did a double take as he walked past what seemed like an opening in the tree.

He swore he saw a pair of eyes within the hollow confines of the large timber - and shit if that wasn't scary. What the hell, that's so creepy - what if it was a rabid animal? Nathan quickly held his bark of wood in front of him as he adjusted his grip on his blade for a better moment when swinging. If this was some kind of dangerous animal, he would have to try his best to survive - he couldn't just die away before even meeting anyone here.

"Who's there, come out if you know what's good for you," Nathan all but growled out. Making sure to draw himself to his full height to seem as menacing as possible.

« Last Post by Rikku on October 16, 2014, 05:30:57 am »
Hello there,

I'll be joining you guys for this awesome RP but this will be my first group roleplay (please be gentle LOL) so excuse my inexperienced-ness, haha. (Sorry for intruding half way!) & Feel free to let me know if I've made any mistakes or written/understood something wrong (I'm prone to typing until my nose hits the keyboard). So I'll gladly change it, no offense taken (:

(: thanks for having me,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10